Thursday, March 15, 2012

Feral Children

In class this week we talked about how our environment affects us drastically. When I first heard about feral children, I didn't believe it. I couldn't imagine how a child could go through life without being raised by their parents. It is sad to think that children who are locked in their rooms for years, or live with animals, start to show those characteristics. It is just like the girl who was locked in her room for 12 years. She could not see farther than 10 feet in front of her because that was how far away the wall was from her in the small room she lived in. This proves the idea that how we are nurtured does change the way we grow up and live. Social experiences really affect an individual. Social habits are picked up from the environment or people around us. I am always hearing how much I act like my mother because she raised me to be who I am. We both think alike and act alike. Living in the environment of my house with my mom and family made me who I am today.

3 comments:

  1. While we may not want to act like our parents, we now know that it is a better alternative than being negclected and not being able to interact properly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the people that we've grown up around leave imprints on us, and we pick up the things that they do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was also shocked by the concept of feral children! It's sad to think how a parent could neglect their child so much and for so long.

    ReplyDelete