Tuesday, April 3, 2012
Agents of Socialization
In class we talked about how the media is playing a huge role in children's lives today. It is interesting to see how the ads and commercials of today are becoming more and more about how to lure in younger kids. In a sense, it is almost creepy. People are studying young children to see how they react with different toys and to different advertisements. They are also labeling products with brands such as Spongebob Squarepants macaroni and cheese. This draws the attention of the children to their product, without knowing anything about it. It is sad to see, but also sad to know that as a kid, I also believed that the Spongebob macaroni was better than any other macaroni in the store. I would always argue with my mom to get it, even when I didn't know what the others tasted like. It is really interesting to see how much the media influences our everyday lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment