Sunday, March 11, 2012
Tuesdays With Morrie
In class we got to watch the movie Tuesdays with Morrie. I really appreciated seeing this movie because Morrie was such an insightful person and really had an extremely positive outlook on life. Morrie said, "There is nothing innately shameful about being dependent. When we were infants we needed others to live, when we are dying we need others to live,but here's the secret - in between we need others even more." I really like this because I believe that dependency is an important part of someone's life. I depend on my family to always be there for me and give me the support I need. I know that if I couldn't depend on them, I wouldn't be able to pursue my dreams. People are afraid of dependency because they think that it shows that they are weak and cannot do things for themselves, however this is not the case. People can be independent and do things on their own, but it is others support and care that gets them there. As a speaker, Brene Brown, said it, we try to numb our feelings of dependency, but in doing so, we numb the rest of our feelings of happiness and love. It is hard to accept so some people, but if we don't depend on others, we won't succeed as much as we could.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment