Monday, May 14, 2012

Community Service

For my community service hours, I volunteered at the Special Olympics at Lake Zurich High School. It was an amazing experience. I spent my time helping set up and give out awards. I had a great time recording the athletes' times and scores into the book, so that they could be announced to the whole stadium. I really enjoyed seeing the athletes' emotions when receiving their awards. Whether someone got first or fifth, they were always excited and just happy to be there. I felt a lot of emotions, and am very happy that I got a chance to be a part of this. Half way through the day, it began to rain and storm, and all of the athletes, coaches, and volunteers had to head inside to the field house. It was a great time to meet with the athletes and get to know them. I got to know a lot of new things and make a lot of new friends. It was an experience I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment